Afdhal Aliasar is an Islamic Economy and Finance practitioner and Islamic Philanthropist. He is now a Director of Halal Industry in the National Committee for Islamic Economy and Finance, Republic of Indonesia (KNEKS).
After accomplishing his degree from the Faculty of Engineering in Universitas Indonesia in 1997, he started his professional career in the banking industry by joining Executive Management Training at Bank Niaga where he engaged in various fields of banking and investment. Later on, he continued his career by joining Citibank N.A., responsible for Global Transaction Services Business while also pursuing a Master’s Degree in Strategic Management at Prasetiya Mulya Business School. He was entrusted to establishing a subsidiary, Citigroup Securities Indonesia, in the Citigroup Global Market, and served as Vice President, Head of Operations Indonesia. In 2011, he was entrusted to reactivate Nomura’s securities business and served as the Vice President, Head of Operations of Nomura Asia Ex-Japan before retiring from the investment and capital market industry in 2016.
His interest in Islamic finance and Islamic economy made him pursue the industry by continuing to explore knowledge and expertise in various places, including Master of Islamic Finance Practice (MIFP) INCEIF Malaysia, Durham University UK, and Islamic Finance Qualification/IFQ – Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment/CISI, UK. In 2016, Afdhal established PT. Pengelola Aset Islami Indonesia, and as a founding director, he directly takes part in various Islamic economy development and Islamic business projects that are directly associated with the real economy sector. Afdhal pioneered the productive waqf scheme that is applied to business assets which fosters the sustainability of its business and benefits. The business focuses on the healthcare and agriculture sector, etc. as founder and Chairman of Yayasan Wakaf Produktif Pengelola Aset Islami Indonesia.
National and International projects:
- Project officer, Citigroup Securities Indonesia established 2010
- Project officer, Nomura Indonesia, reactivated 2011
- Founder, Minang Kakao – pemberdayaan petani dan hilirisasi produk kakao, AVPA-Paris 2021 winner
- Project director, Masterplan Ekonomi Syariah Indonesia 2019 – 2024. Launched by the President of Republic of Indonesia in Mei 2019.
- Project director, Strategi Nasional Pengembangan Industri Halal Indonesia, phase 1. Tahun 2020.
- Project director, Masterplan Industri Halal Indonesia 2023 – 2029